Jump to Navigation

Syracuse Spousal Support Modification Lawyers

Dedicated Assistance With Post Divorce Modifications

When a divorce or a separation agreement is finalized, not all of the results are set in stone. When circumstances in your life have changed, it makes sense that some terms of your settlement agreement and/or your judgment of divorce should change as well. At the law firm of Macht, Brenizer & Gingold, P.C., our Syracuse spousal support modification attorneys provide dedicated assistance with post divorce modifications concerning alimony/maintenance and child custody.

If a change in your life means that you need to change the terms of a separation agreement, we can help. Contact our family law lawyers online or call 315-849-2319 to schedule a meeting to discuss your situation.

Modifying Spousal Support

In order to seek a modification of spousal support payments it is necessary to show that there has been a substantial change in a person's circumstances, which may include:

  • Loss of employment
  • Remarriage of the spouse who was receiving payments
  • Substantial change in circumstances which creates an undue financial hardship

Our divorce attorneys have extensive experience handling alimony/maintenance modifications. We will thoroughly review your circumstances and let you know whether you may be eligible to modify your separation agreement and/or judgment of divorce. We also handle child support modifications.

Modifying Child Custody and Visitation

Along with spousal support, it may also be possible to make a change regarding custody and visitation. This often occurs when one parent wishes to move a significant distance away from his or her current location. The court will always give great weight to what is in the child's best interests before deciding to change a custody order. The lawyers at Macht, Brenizer & Gingold, P.C., will work with not only your best interests in mind, but with your children's best interests as well.

Call for a Consultation With a New York Change in Child Custody Attorney

We can help you with a change in a child custody agreement or request a modification to an alimony order. Contact our spousal support modification lawyers online or call 315-849-2319 to arrange for an initial consultation to discuss your case. If you choose to retain us, we will credit your initial consultation fee to your account.

Experienced Attorneys Committed to Getting Results

Macht, Brenizer & Gingold, P.C.
State Tower Building, 109 South Warren Street, Suite 510 Syracuse, NY 13202
Phone: 315-849-2319 Toll Free: 888-752-2095 Fax: 315-422-6360
Map and Directions

Free Divorce Magazine download Tell Us About Your Legal Issue

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.